If you’re on deadline, include your phone number as well and I will call you back quickly.
Below you’ll find an outline of this page. It’s been designed for easy navigation, so you can get what you need quickly. I look forward to connecting.
— Carma Spence
OUTLINE OF THIS PAGE
- Statistics on Public Speaking
- Sample Interview Questions
- About Public Speaking Super Powers
- About Carma Spence
- As Seen On
- Carma Quotes You Can Use
Title: Public Speaking Super Powers: Unleash Your Inner Speaking Superhero and Communicate Your Message with Confidence
Author: Carma Spence
Publisher: Author Academy Elite
Release Date: September 25, 2018
ISBN – Hardcover: 978-1-64085-333-1
ISBN – Paperback: 978-1-64085-332-4
ISBN – Ebook: 978-1-64085-334-8
Retail Price: $9.99 (e-book), $19.99 (paperback), $24.99 (hardcover)
Available At: publicspeakingsuperpowers.com, amazon.com, all major bookstores
Statistics on Public Speaking
- 7% of individuals in the United States suffer from the fear of public speaking. That’s approximately 27 million Americans.
- It is the #1 phobia, accounting for 19% of all phobias. It is followed by death, spiders and darkness.
- People with a fear of speaking can be paid 10% less than those without it.
- Fear of speaking can reduce your chances of graduating from college by 10%.
- Fear of speaking can reduce your chances of getting into a professional or managerial position by 15%.
- Only 8% of people with a fear of speaking seek professional help, despite the negative effect on their life and career.
- Females (8%) are more likely to suffer from a fear of public speaking than males (6%).
Sound like a pro,
even if you haven’t read the book yet.
Sample Interview Questions
- In a nutshell, what is Public Speaking Super Powers about?
- Why did you write the book?
- Who should read this book? Why should they read it?
- Why did you use the super power metaphor?
- How did you determine what the various super powers were?
- Is public speaking a skill or a talent?
- You talk about the Public Speaking Superhero’s Journey. What is that?
- What are the basic steps of the Public Speaking Superhero’s journey?
- Can you share your Public Speaking Superhero’s Journey?
- What are some of the benefits of developing public speaking skills?
- You talk about six Public Speaking Superhero archetypes. What are they?
- How did you come up with these archetypes?
- How can readers connect with you?
- Where is your book available?
Next Steps for Your Audience
Some members of your audience may want to learn more about my training programs. At present, I offer a speaking improvement program called The Public Speaking Super Powers Training & Mastermind Program and a live video training program called Public Speaking Super Powers for Live Video.
Public Speaking Super Powers Training & Mastermind Program
This unique program empowers participants to build their communication and speaking skills with me through online training videos, community, and coaching. You can find out more at PublicSpeakingSuperPowers.com/mastermind.
Public Speaking Super Powers for Live Video
Live video is becoming more and more important for building your tribe and nurturing your audience. This program, available both live and online, gives participants the foundation they need to be successful with live video, whether on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or Twitter. You can find out more at PublicSpeakingSuperPowers.com/livevideotraining
All appearances will be posted on the Book Tour page.
Follow Carma and Public Speaking Super Powers in Social Media
About the Book
If Public Speakers Were Superheroes,
What Would Their Powers Be?
And could anyone develop those powers?
Although some people have a natural predisposition for developing speaking skills, anyone can learn to be a decent speaker.
Using interviews with more than 85 business and professional speakers, as well as the author’s personal experience and training, and additional research, Public Speaking Super Powers uses the metaphor of the superhero to turn the belief that only a few talented individuals can be good speakers on its ear. The book shows readers that all the factors, skills and techniques needed for success in speaking are learnable, attainable and achievable by anyone who chooses to make the effort to embody and use them.
Public speaking skills can help you grow your business…progress in your career…be more confident in your day-to-day life…even become a career in itself. Regardless of how you want to use presentation skills in your life, Public Speaking Super Powers will help you develop the abilities you need to succeed.
For more information:
- Table of Contents
- The League of Public Speaking Superheroes (a.k.a. Featured Speakers interviewed for this book)
- 5 Powerful Public Speaking Techniques (The blog post that started it all)
- Excerpt from the book
BIO: Meet Public Speaking Super Powers Author, Carma Spence
Many people, from students to employees to business owners to entrepreneurs, struggle with the idea of getting up in front of an audience — no matter how small — to speak about a topic they are interested or expert in. And so, they avoid making use of one of the most powerful techniques they can use to earn a promotion, gain new business and increase their visibility in the market.
Carma Spence was once one of these people. In fact, she was so shy and introverted that when her high school speech coach asked her to join the Speech Team her senior year, she was shocked.
Carma’s Public Speaking Hero’s Journey
She tentatively agreed. Her father helped her perfect her first speech … about earthquakes … and she won 5th place in her first competition! Now she was hooked. That year, she lettered in speech, having placed in the top five in several competitions. Her speech team activities also earned her a Degree of Honor with the National Forensic League (now the National Speech & Debate Association).
Later, she joined Toastmasters and eventually earned her DTM — Distinguished Toastmaster — award. She even created a video introducing people to Toastmasters as her class project in a television production class. (You can see three excerpts here: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.)
Now, Carma helps women turn what they are uniquely knowledgeable about — their passions, interests, and hobbies (no matter how obscure) into a legacy via the creation of information products. She often speaks about online marketing techniques, vanquishing Mind Goblins and planning your business. Her book, Home Sweet Home Page, helps authors, speakers and coaches create a better homepage for their website.
I commit to making you shine and your audience my focus
I’m deeply honored by your interest for an interview. I’ve done many of them. When I’m doing our interview it’s the most important thing in the world to me. I’m committed to making you the superhero and your audience the focus. I’m here to serve you, not the other way around. I know if I do my job well your audience will feel valued and interested in these topics:
- Why public speaking is an important skill to develop
- That public speaking is a skill, not a talent
- How they can develop speaking skills to excel in life, school, career and business
- And much more
I’ve created this digital press kit to make your job easier. If you need anything else, please email my assistant at email@example.com.
When I’m interviewed by media, I often point my audience back to our interview. This coverage includes the all my social media followers (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), and my email list.
Some of my previous media activities have included podcast tours, blog tours, newspaper interviews, and online radio interviews.
On deadline and don’t have time for an interview?
Feel free to use any of these quotes for your story.
“We all have the ingredients necessary to succeed at anything, however, it is what we are interested in, passionate about and committed to that is really where we shine in our life.”
– Carma Spence
“The experience of doing these interviews has been very interesting because I’m asking the same questions of everyone. But, because everyone is unique and has followed a unique path to their own public speaking success, what they have to say about those questions leads to different topics that sprout off from it.”
– Carma Spence
“Sometimes, I think, you can have the knack for public speaking, but not see it in yourself.”
– Carma Spence
“If you can, in your mind, be the hero you want to be, be the expert, the wonderful speaker that you want to be, you are more likely to be that for the audience, because you’re evoking what you believe are those excellent skills.”
– Carma Spence
“I had some fun with the superhero/superpower metaphor with this book. Honestly, I wish I had this book when I first got started with speaking in high school. It demystifies the foundational skills and techniques you need to be an effective speaker. And provides actionable steps to help readers improve their skills immediately.”
– Carma Spence
You will find Sample Interview Questions and Answers here, or you can download a PDF version here.