Are you looking for a dynamic and informative guest speaker for your club?
International bestselling author and award-winning speaker Carma Spence is available for your club’s
- Open House events
- Evaluator Speech Contests
- Special Events
- Club meetings
She can deliver a 5-7 minute speech or a 20-minute mini-workshop for your club, providing a deeper understanding of public speaking. Topics include:
- Speechwriting 101: How to organize a speech
- What If Speakers Were Superheroes? The Top 3 Speaking Superpowers & How to Develop Them
- Communicate Your Message with Confidence: 3 Ways to Become a More Confident Speaker
- Unleash Your Inner Speaking Superhero: 3 Tips for Overcoming the Fear of Speaking
- Bringing Passion to Your Topic: How to convey passion while speaking
Benefits of Hosting Carma at Your Club
When Carma speaks at your club, she can any or all of the following to help you grow your membership:
- Promote through social media, including creating a Facebook Event and inviting fellow Toastmasters and other locals to the event.
- Include a booksigning event. $1 for each sale can go toward your club.
- Help find sponsors for a drawing to help raise money for your club.
- Help find sponsors to provide refresments for your club’s event.
- Add a superhero theme element, complete with cityscape backdrop and props for fun selfies
About Carma (Long Version)
Bestselling author of Public Speaking Super Powers, Carma Spence is a “geek who speaks.”
Because she’s been there, she knows that you can be a decent speaker despite being introverted, shy and socially awkward.
Carma is fiercely committed to supporting her clients as they unleash their inner content creation superhero and boldly communicate their message with confidence. Her superpower is to help people see what is possible for them and guide them on the journey from where they are to where they want to be, Vanquishing the Mind Goblins of self-doubt and second-guessing that keep them stuck.
The speaking bug first bit Carma in High School while on the Speech Team. Her activities earned her several awards, a Letter in Speech, and a Degree of Honor with the National Speech & Debate Association.
After college, she joined Toastmasters and earned her Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) award, the highest level of educational achievement in Toastmasters earned through a variety of speaking and leadership assignments. She was a President’s Distinguished Area Governor for the 2013-2014 term.
People often comment on Carma’s strength and courage, but these qualities were hard won. In 2010, she left an emotionally abusive marriage, only to fall into another bad relationship. That one ended the night her boyfriend attacked her.
It was that fateful night that woke her up and got her to do the inner work she needed to do. After a year of counseling, training and studying Universal Laws, she met a good man who loves her as she is.
But the trials weren’t over.
Just as they announced their wedding date, Carma was hit by a car while crossing the street, resulting in multiple broken bones.
It is the combination of all these experiences—both good and bad—that makes Carma a good mentor to those struggling with owning their gifts.
Carma Spence is an award-winning speaker and the bestselling author of Public Speaking Super Powers. She knows that you can be a decent speaker despite being introverted and shy, and is fiercely committed to helping people unleash their inner speaking superhero, boldly communicate their message, and Vanquish the Mind Goblins that keep them stuck.