July is Freedom from Fear of Speaking Month and to celebrate, I’ve invited a team of speaking experts to share their best tips and tricks for improving your speaking skills and overcoming speaking anxiety. Each weekday in July 2019, a new article, video or interview will be published sharing some of the best tips, tricks, and advice from some of the best speakers in the world.
How to Participate in Public Speaking Super Powers Palooza!
Learn how to improve your speaking skills and how to break free of your fear of speaking by checking out all the wonderful content my guest authors share during July.
Spread the love by letting your friends know about your favorite posts in social media.
Share your thoughts by posting your comments on each post.
Expand your communication horizons by checking out the various books on Amazon — links will be provided —, and visiting the authors’ websites to learn more about them and their books, courses, and services.
Want to be one of the Speaking Palooza featured authors? Before you decide, here are the rules:
- One unique article of 500-800 words or an up to 5-minute video about public speaking. You have several options for this contribution:
- Submit an article you’ve written for the Public Speaking Super Powers blog,
- Supply a list of questions and your answers that I can turn into an interview post.
- Supply YouTube link to a 5-minute or less video providing your best tip about public speaking.
- Schedule a time to record a short interview video with Carma. Recording can take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 6:15 and 7:15pm Pacific Time or on Saturdays
Whichever you believe will help you more, or be more convenient for you, is fine with me.
- Author’s Bio up to 100 words, preferably mentioning your speaking-related book.
- A picture to accompany your bio, preferably a headshot, but “action” shots are fine, too.
- An image of your book cover (or I can pull one from Amazon).
Submit the above to email@example.com by March 31, 2019.
So that all participants will benefit, you must help spread the word about the event.
- Promote the event in advance via email and/or social media.
I will provide you with suggested copy and images.
- Promote your post once it is live via email, social media and/or your blog.
Again, I will provide you with suggested copy and images.
The more you promote Public Speaking Super Powers Palooza, the better it will be for all authors participating in the event.
What’s In It for You
- Free publicity for your speaking-related book, online course or service.
To spread the word and drive traffic, I will be sharing your participation to my list and my social media following. As of Nov. 21, 2018, I have 4,900+ Twitter followers, 3,400+ Facebook friends, 400+ Instagram followers, and 530+ Pinterest followers. There will also be a contest with prizes associated with this event to encourage social sharing of content. And, of course, your fellow participants will be sharing about the event, as well.
- Increased traffic to your website.
A link to your website will be included with your post. And, not only will I be promoting your post, but readers of other posts will likely check out your post, as well. Cross promotions among posts will encourage this.
- Increased sales of your book.
A link to your book on Amazon will be included with your post. There will also be a “Featured Authors” page with a picture of your book linked to your book on Amazon.
- More subscribers to your email list.
If you offer an opt-in incentive to grow your list of readers, I will happily post on your contribution page a link to your opt-in landing page along with a description and image of your incentive to entice readers to click.
Of course, results will vary, but if you provide high-quality content, you will have a greater chance of better results.