A speaker sheet, also called a one sheet, is a basic marketing tool for speakers. When you are booking gigs, you will often be asked for your one sheet. This sheet includes the basic information that event planners will use to decide whether they want to hire you for their event or not. So make it good, succinct and powerful. Here’s what you need to include:
- Your name
- Your business’ name
- Your headshot
- A short introduction – This is about five sentences that summarizes and introduces the body of your work, as it relates to what you are promoting or marketing
- Presentation topics — List two different topics that related to you topic of expertise and then elaborate on those topics with a 2- to 3-sentence description. Use bullet points to emphasize main points of each presentation
- Target audience – Who is your presentation tailored to? List demographics, gender, career, etc.
- Short biography – This is a one-paragraph bio that includes your most pertinent and basic information
- Testimonials – Include 4 to 5 testimonials or endorsements
If you speak on different topics that don’t relate to each other well, you might want to have more than one targeted speaker sheet. For example, you could create one sheets for different types of audiences you serve.