Improve Your Speaking Skills One Day at a Time
Is it hard for you to have confidence when you stand in front of a group of people?
Do you get nervous at the thought of being front and center?
Great news! In just 1 month, you can learn powerful ways to supercharge your public speaking.
This is an intensive, crash course in speaking skills that takes you through 30 simple daily actions that will increase both your confidence and public speaking ability.
What you’ll learn:
- Confronting and overcoming your fears
- Writing effective speeches
- Developing your innate speaking superpowers
- Honing essential speaking skills and techniques
“There are two types of speakers:
Those who get nervous and those who are liars.”
~ Mark Twain ~
The 30-Day Public Speaking Super Powers Challenge is a one-month, intensive, virtual workshop. The course will include daily lessons, weekly workshops, and opportunities to speak and receive feedback. The goal is to set you up for success and provide you with the guidance and support you need to jumpstart your speaking skills.
By the end of the 30 days, you will have:
- Identified your primary topic and written one 5-15 minute speech
- Increased your speaking confidence
- Have a workable game plan for furthering your Public Speaking Superhero’s Journey
Workshop topics will include Confronting Your Fears and Visualizing Success, How to Outline and Organize Your Speech, The Top 3 Super Powers, and Adding Flair to Your Presentation.
“All the great speakers were bad speakers at first.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
Who this course is for:
- You are ready to do the work of confronting your fears and improving your skills.
- You will keep up with the daily lessons, which should take no more than 15-20 minutes.
- You will show up for and participate in the weekly workshops.
- You will video record one speech and turn it in for feedback.
- You are not ready or in a place to put in the work.
- This course will more than likely push your buttons. You need to have the bandwidth to push your envelope of fear and break through to the other side. This program is simple, but it is not easy.
You will do best in this course if you have a decent command of the English language and have five to 10 hours per week to devote to the program.
“Communication works for those who work at it.”
~ John Powell ~
When you enroll in this course, you will be given access to your own course membership area. As we go through the course, a variety of resources will be added to this online classroom, including:
- Video lessons
- Recordings of the live workshops
In addition, at the end of each live workshop, there will be a Q&A session, personalized feedback on your written and video recorded speech, sample, and unlimited email support for 30 days after the course is over. There will also be a Facebook group where you can interact with fellow students and me.
Here is a breakdown of the value you are receiving with this program:
- Video Lessons
- Checklists and worksheets
- Weekly workshops
- Feedback on your written speech/speech outline
- Feedback on your video recorded speech
- Unlimited email support for 30 days
- Single payment option: $495
- Split payment Option: Two payments of $290, first payment due before starting, second payment due two weeks later
- If you pay in full, you will receive a private coaching session will me.
- If you enroll by February 28, 2019, you will receive additional training on Producing Effective Facebook Lives.
- If you are one of the first five students to pay in full before February 28, 2019, you will receive additional training on Conducting Effective Webinars.
Limited Seats Available!
Due to the high-touch nature of this program, I am only opening it up to a maximum of 15 students at this time.
About Your Instructor, Carma Spence
When I was in High School, it was required to take a speech class during your Junior year. I dreaded it. I was shy, introverted and bullied. The last thing I wanted to do was stand up before my classmates and speak.
But I did. Luckily for me, my father, who was a teacher, helped coach me on my assignments. Apparently, I did fairly well. At the end of the course, my teacher invited me to join the Speech Team during my Senior year.
I was shocked.
However, with the support of my parents, I took on the challenge and competed on the Speech Team throughout my entire Senior year.
I remember how hot my face would get during a speech. I just knew that people could see my ears turning red. But I did well enough to win 5th place in my first competition.
Now I was hooked. My speech team activities earned me a Letter in Speech, as well as a Degree of Honor with the National Forensic League (now the National Speech & Debate Association).
And then I went away to college and didn’t think about speaking all that much.
But once bitten by the speaking bug — as I had been — it never fully goes away. The company I worked for just out of college started a Toastmasters club and I became a charter member.
I’ve been a member of Toastmasters (off and of) since 1989 and have earned my Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) award. This award represents the highest level of educational achievement in Toastmasters and is earned by completing a variety of speaking and leadership assignments.
My book, Public Speaking Super Powers was released in September 2018 and became a Kindle bestseller and a Top 10 Finalist in the Author Academy Awards. It is currently up for a Reader’s Choice Award, as well.