One way to communicate your message is through body language and gesture while you speak. In this excerpt from a workshop for teens about public speaking, I share some tips on how to do just that.
- Keep your hands out of your pockets
- Use interesting, non-traditional ways, to say common things
- Be natural, relaxed and flowing … avoid being too stiff
- Be aware of overusing gestures
The above video was excerpted from two 45-minute workshops I facilitated for a group of teens and young adults. I am available to speak to your group, both in-person and virtually, on a variety of topics. For more information, visit www.carmaspence.com/speaker.
- Developing the body of your speech (publicspeakingsuperpowers.com)
- Ten Tips on Using Body Language When Delivering a Speech (mannerofspeaking.org)
- What you don’t know about body language — but should (forbes.com)